Friday, December 9, 2011

Week 1 Review

I've passed the 1 week mark for this new hearing aid in my ear. I'm really glad I've chosen to document as much of this as possible. Things become commonplace so quickly that there is no way I could assume I'd remember it all years down the road.

I'm now at the point where I wear both aides from wakeup to bedtime. I have been on call for work for the last month so my right hearing aid has remained in, but I've taken the left one out to sleep.

Sunday night and Tuesday night I was in a lecture type setting and the microphone feedback and volume was so loud that I ended up taking the left aide out. I've been able to tolerate trains, buses, street noises, and leaving it in through the day, but these speakers were just TOO loud for too long.

I don't so quickly go "SOMETHING IS MOVING!" when I speak any more. I am still very conscious and aware of there being a foreign object in my ear. Yesterday afternoon, I finally got to the point where I couldn't remember if I'd put it back in after a shower. I tried talking for a second, then actually ended up reaching up to feel the mold to confirm it was in my ear.

I've had more headaches towards the end of this week. I believe part of that may have been tied to the changing weather patterns, but it felt like it hurt to hear. It hurt to use brainpower to concentrate on the sounds around me. I ended up turning everything on mute and just trying to quiet the house as much as possible.

At this point, I think I am ready to make a call sometime next week to make the appointment for the next tweak.

No comments:

Post a Comment