Saturday, May 9, 2009

New Blog

I started a separate blog since I really feel compelled to speak up as an advocate for those who see life in a different way as a result of hearing loss, but also not from a "woe is me, I'm deaf" perspective. Up until Thursday night of this week, I had not met another at least 50% or more deaf person who is able to function and interact in "normal" society. It can be extremely lonely at times.

Ignorance can be uncompassionate. So this is my way to give yet another glimpse into my world, but also provide information for those curious about deafness, deaf culture, resources, and anything else that comes up. Feel free to submit questions and I'll happily address them.

Thanks for continuing to read!

1 comment:

  1. What a great idea! I can not think of a better person to be an advocate for others. I look forward to learning more.

    ReplyDelete