Thursday, July 21, 2011

New Demo - Phonak CROS

When visiting my audiologist yesterday, she made me aware of some new revolutionary things on the market!

Due to the advances in Bluetooth technology, there are now microphones that can be worn in a 100% deaf ear that then wirelessly transmit the sounds on the deaf side of your head to the hearing aid being worn in the other ear (at least this would be the set up for my case).

While the localization will be off because all the sound will be in one ear, having the ability to capture all noises definitely impacts my ability to hear MORE, especially in situations were being oblivious to noise behind me can be a safety concern.

I'm off to demo this at the office this afternoon when the rep comes in. I'll provide me feedback and thoughts!

No comments:

Post a Comment